Individual Artist Grants
The Five Wings Art Council administers the following grant programs for individual artists living in the Five Wings region. These grant programs have been established to provide assistance for artists at various stages in their career development.
Project Support Grant
The Project Support grants is designed to assist an artist in completing a project for the following areas:
- Artists can apply for up to $2500 will assist an artist in completing a project
- Through the purchase of equipment, tools, supplies, professional services, time, etc. This too, requires the applicant to provide a match of at least 25% of the total project cost
- This match can be in the form of cash, time, or in-kind contribution towards some element of the project.
Individual Artist Grant
The Individual Artist grant is dedicated to helping individuals achieve their artistic goals.
- Artists of any discipline can apply
- Artists must reside in Cass, Crow Wing, Todd, Morrison, and Wadena counties
- Including but not limited to; visual, performing, literacy, and media arts
Professional Development Grant
The Professional Development grant support is designed to strengthen an artist's career by taking advantage of arts related learning experiences, such as workshops, trainings, mentorships, and private instruction.
- Artists, at any stage of their career, may apply for up to $1500
- This grant program requires the artist to provide at least 25% of the total project cost
Individual artist grant applications will be accepted on an ONGOING basis for grant programs. Please note that grant applications must be received by the first Friday of the month, in order to be reviewed at that month's FWAC Board meeting, held the fourth Tuesday of each month (except for July and December, when the board doesn't meet.) Projects cannot begin before two weeks after the board review and decisions.
To determine eligibility and for complete details it is advised to read the following Guidelines for Individual Artist Grants prior to completing the application.